Apply On Line
Apply on line now to have down the aisle quicker. Print out of the confirmation web web page and take it into our workplace and your your lover. Our target is workplace regarding the Clerk and Recorder, Webb Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Dept. 101 in downtown Denver.
Our workplaces are available 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We’re closed on municipal vacations.
If you work with assistive technology and they are struggling to access the information of this documents, please contact the wedding division.
Needs & Procedures
Just how to make an application for a wedding or Civil Union permit
Both you and your partner must appear in person at the Office of the Clerk and Recorder, located on the first floor of the Webb Municipal Office Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver to apply for a license.
Save time by applying online. Have a look at this guide to assist you sail through the applying process.
Our office hours are 8 a.m. To 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our workplace is closed on municipal holiday breaks.
Concerns you will be expected
- The date that you’re engaged and getting married
- What your location is marrying (license just legitimate in Colorado)
- The date that is exact location of one’s breakup or past partner’s death. Both events must certanly be in a position to offer these records. You must provide the name of your partner in the civil union if you were previously in a civil union and are marrying someone else.
- Understand your relationship if associated by bloodstream
- The town and state where moms and dads of both ongoing events had been created
- The wedding permit cost is $30, payable by cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover). A slovenian brides summary of charges can here be found.
- You may possibly marry right in front of a judge, via a religious ceremony, or by self-solemnizing (this means you marry by signing the certificate yourselves)
- The certification should be finalized in Colorado within 35 times through the date the permit ended up being given
- The finished wedding certification (and license that is attached needs to be gone back to your Clerk and Recorder for recording within 63 times after solemnization. From then on date, belated costs will use
- Bloodstream tests are not necessary in Colorado, and there’s no waiting period
- Candidates will not need to be Colorado residents
Both you and your meant spouse each must provide one of these simple legitimate types of recognition
- U.S. Driver that is state-issued permit or allow
- U.S. State-issued ID
- U.S. ID that is military
- Passport that is bilingual or multilingual and includes English or passport having a certified english language interpretation if non-English
The title from the permit shall appear just as it really is in the IDs offered to us.
You have to offer a Social Security quantity for those who have one. If an individual of this parties doesn’t have a Social Security quantity (they’ve been from a different country or they have been along the way of acquiring U.S. Citizenship), they may not be expected to get one to have hitched.
Take note: Birth certificates, baptismal certificates and Foreign Consular IDs aren’t appropriate kinds of recognition for wedding or union that is civil. A birth certification may be employed to verify date of delivery when presented along side among the legitimate types of identification mentioned above.
Ceremonies, Officials & Personal Solemnization
Your wedding must then be solemnized the wedding application and certification must certanly be recorded.
A married relationship might be solemnized by the officiant that has been ordained or identified by a spiritual denomination, a judge of the court, a retired judge, a court magistrate, a general general public official whoever capabilities consist of solemnization of marriages, an indigenous United states tribal official or a relative or friend who is ordained.
Clergy ordained away from state don’t need to be registered in Colorado to do a marriage.
Denver County Court keeps a listing of judges who perform weddings through the on weekends, and in the evenings week.
The solemnizing official will finish your wedding certification.